kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
A Sprint store in in Hillsboro, Oregon
|Public (NYSE: S)|
|Predecessor||Brown Telephone Company|
|Defunct||April 1, 2020 (as a company)|
August 2, 2020 (overall)
|James Hance, chairman|
Dan Hesse, chief executive
|Services||Mobile phone services|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Sprint Nextel Corporation (NYSE: S) was a telecommunications company based in Overland Park, Kansas. It operated under the name Sprint, and was once the fourth largest wireless telecommunications network in the United States behind Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, with 56.3 million customers, behind Verizon Wireless and AT&T Mobility.
On April 1, 2020, T-Mobile and Sprint merged, with T-Mobile now being the whole owner of Sprint, making Sprint an effective subsidiary of T-Mobile until the Sprint brand was officially phased out. Leadership, background, and stock changes happened immediately, with customer side changes happening over time. Sprint was officially discontinued on August 2, 2020. Billing was already showing the T-Mobile brand, and on this date all retail, customer service, and all other company branding was replaced by T-Mobile. New rate plans were also introduced as well for all new and existing customers from both companies, though they will all will remain with their current plan if they choose not to switch to a new T-Mobile plan for at least 3 years.
- Softbank to Buy 70 Percent Stake in Sprint: Sources. CNBC. https://www.cnbc.com/id/49408877. Retrieved October 14, 2012.
- Sprint Nextel Corporation (February 24, 2011). "Form 10-K Annual Report Pursuant to Section 13 or 15(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2010 Commission file number 1-04721 Sprint Nextel Corporation". United States Securities and Exchange Commission. https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/101830/000010183011000005/sprint201010k.htm. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- Sprint Nextel Corporation (February 27, 2012). "Form 10-K Annual Report Pursuant to Section 13 or 15(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2011 Commission file number 1-04721 Sprint Nextel Corporation". United States Securities and Exchange Commission. https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/101830/000010183011000005/0000101830-11-000005-index.htm. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- Sprint Nextel Corporation (February 8, 2012). "Sprint Nextel Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Results" (PDF). Sprint Nextel Corporation. http://investors.sprint.com/Cache/1001163634.PDF?D=&O=PDF&IID=4057219&Y=&T=&FID=1001163634. Retrieved February 9, 2012.
- "Grading the top 10 U.S. carriers in the second quarter of 2011". Questex Media Group, LLC. September 2011. http://www.fiercewireless.com/special-reports/grading-top-10-us-carriers-second-quarter-2011. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- "Sprint 5G Overview | T‑Mobile Newsroom". https://www.t-mobile.com/news/legacy-sprint/sprint-5g-overview-1-2.
- "T-Mobile and Sprint’s merger is officially complete" (in en-US). https://www.tmonews.com/2020/04/t-mobile-sprint-merger-complete/.
- Bellevue; Washington; Overl; Park; April 1, Kansas-; 2020 –. "T‑Mobile Completes Merger with Sprint to Create the New T‑Mobile | T‑Mobile Newsroom". https://www.t-mobile.com/news/un-carrier/t-mobile-sprint-one-company.
- "What the T-Mobile & Sprint Merger Means for You | T-Mobile". https://www.t-mobile.com/brand/t-mobile-sprint-merger-updates?icid=MGPO_TMO_C_20NEWTMO_J97FL0UY3YE116S1120231_HP.
- "T-Mo and Sprint will unify under the T-Mobile brand on August 2" (in en-US). https://www.tmonews.com/2020/07/t-mobile-sprint-brand-unification-august-2/.
- "T‑Mobile Unveils Latest Un‑carrier Move: Scam Shield — A Massive Set of Free Solutions to Protect Customers From Rampant Scams and Robocalls | T‑Mobile Newsroom". https://www.t-mobile.com/news/un-carrier/scam-shield-protects-customers-from-scams-robocalls.