kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Born||Stephanie Louise Kwolek|
July 31, 1923
New Kensington, Pennsylvania, United States
|Died||June 18, 2014 (aged 90)|
|Alma mater||Carnegie Mellon University|
|Notable awards||DuPont company's Lavoisier Medal (1995)|
National Medal of Technology
Perkin Medal (1997)
Howard N. Potts Medal
- Wholly Aromatic Carbocyclic Polycarbonamide Fiber Original Kevlar patent awarded in 1974 to Stephanie Kwolek
- "Women in Chemistry - Stephanie Kwolek". Chemical Heritage Foundation. http://www.chemheritage.org/discover/online-resources/women-in-chemistry/stephanie-kwolek.aspx. Retrieved June 13, 2013.
- "Kevlar inventor, Stephanie Kwolek, dies at 90". Delaware online.com. June 18, 2014. http://www.delawareonline.com/story/money/industries/2014/06/19/kevlar-inventor-stephanie-kwolek-dies/10899995/. Retrieved June 19, 2014.
|Library resources about |
|By Stephanie Kwolek|
- Stephanie Kwolek at Famous Women Inventors
- Interview with Stephanie L. Kwolek, March 21, 1998, from the Oral History Program at the Chemical Heritage Foundation
- Stephanie Kwolek, Video, from The Catalyst Series: Women in Chemistry, at the Chemical Heritage Foundation, Philadelphia, PA