kidzsearch.com > wiki
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|State of Delaware|
|Nickname(s): The First State, The Small Wonder|
|Motto(s): Liberty and Independence|
2,491 sq mi |
|- Width||30 miles (48 km)|
|- Length||100 miles (161 km)|
|- % water||21.5|
|- Latitude||38°27'N to 39°50'N|
|- Longitude||75°2'W to 75°47'W|
|Number of people||Ranked 46th|
460.8/sq mi (177.2/km2)|
|- Average income||$50,152 (12th)|
|Height above sea level|
|- Highest point||
near Ebright Azimuth|
450 ft (137 m)
|- Average||59 ft (18 m)|
|- Lowest point||
|Became part of the U.S.||December 7, 1787 (1st)|
|Governor||Jack A. Markell (D)|
Tom Carper (D)|
Chris Coons (D)
|Time zone||Eastern: UTC-5/-4|
Delaware is a state in the United States. It is sometimes called the First State because it was the first colony to accept the new constitution in 1787. Its capital is Dover and its biggest city is Wilmington.
- Colleges and universities in Delaware
- List of counties in Delaware
- List of numbered routes in Delaware
- List of rivers of Delaware
- Harrington, Delaware
- "Resident Population Data". 2010.census.gov. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-dens-text.php. Retrieved 30 December 2010.
- "Elevations and Distances in the United States". U.S Geological Survey. 29 April 2005. http://erg.usgs.gov/isb/pubs/booklets/elvadist/elvadist.html#Highest. Retrieved 2006-11-3.