kidzsearch.com > wiki
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The university has 18 Colleges that offer more than 150 programs of study. It is a selective state schools in the United States. Many of its popular undergraduate and graduate programs are ranked high in the US.
The university was established in 1867. It opened for classes on March 2, 1868 with only two faculty members and a small group of students. In 1982, the name of the university was changed from the University of Illinois to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Colleges and schools
The university has the following colleges and schools:
- College of Agriculture, Consumer, and Environmental Sciences
- College of Applied Health Sciences
- Institute of Aviation
- College of Business
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Fine and Applied Arts
- Graduate College
- Institute of Labor and Industrial Relations
- College of Law
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Graduate School of Library and Information Science
- College of Media
- College of Medicine at Urbana-Champaign
- School of Social Work
- College of Veterinary Medicine
Notable alumni and faculty
Notable people associated with the university have been successful in fields such as science, business, and politics. The university has produced many Nobel Prize winners.