kidzsearch.com > wiki
University of Oklahoma
|The University of Oklahoma|
|Motto||Civi et reipublicae (Latin)|
|Motto in English||For the citizen and for the state|
|President||David L. Boren|
|Provost||Nancy L. Mergler|
|OU Board of Regents||Leslie Rainbolt-Forbes, Chairwoman|
|Location||Norman, Oklahoma, United States|
3,000 acres (12.1 km2) including north research park
|Colors||Crimson & Cream|
|Mascot||Boomer and Sooner|
|Affiliations||Big 12 Conference|
The University of Oklahoma, abbreviated OU, is a public university in the Norman, Oklahoma, United States. It has about 27,000 students enrolled, and it was started in 1890. David Boren is president of the university.
Oklahoma's athletics teams are called the Sooners. Oklahoma has 19 varsity teams, almost all of which compete in the Big 12 Conference. In men's gymnastics, a sport that the Big 12 does not sponsor, Oklahoma is a member of the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation.
- As of end of FY 2011. format = html "University of Oklahoma Foundation". Current Value Reference. OU Foundation. http://www.ou.edu/content/give/home/how_to_give/endowments.html format = html. Retrieved February 10, 2012.
- Hall, Ben. "OU Board of Regents elects new chairwoman, vice chairman". OU Daily. http://oudaily.com/news/2012/mar/28/ou-regents-elect-chairwoman-vice-chairman/. Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- "Employees by Campus, Fall 2003–2007". 2008 OU Factbook. University of Oklahoma. http://www.ou.edu/provost/ir/Factbook_2008/HTML/08_1_45%20all%20emps.xls.htm. Retrieved 2009-02-08.
- This number only includes the main (Norman) and Health Sciences Campuses; numbers for the Tulsa campus were not available. Also, the number only include full-time and part-time faculty and does not include Graduate Assistants.
- "University of Oklahoma". The College Board. http://collegesearch.collegeboard.com/search/CollegeDetail.jsp?match=true&collegeId=2317&searchType=college&type=qfs&word=University%20of%20Oklahoma. Retrieved May 27, 2011.
- Crimson: Pantone 201(#B30838); Cream: Pantone 468(#EEE1C5) "OU Web Media Relations Packet". http://www.ou.edu/etc/medialib/webcomm/downloads.Par.16090.File.dat/guidelines_v1.1.pdf.
- "College Board College Search". http://collegesearch.collegeboard.com/search/CollegeDetail.jsp?collegeId=2317. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- Official website
- Official athletics website
- Voices of Oklahoma interview with Barry Switzer. First person interview conducted on August 17, 2009 with Barry Switzer. Original audio and transcript archived with Voices of Oklahoma oral history project.
- University of Oklahoma, Bounded by Boyd Street on the North, Timberdell Road on the South, Chautauqua Avenue on the West, and Jenkins Avenue, Norman, Cleveland, OK at the Historic American Landscapes Survey (HALS)