kidzsearch.com > wiki
What is inside?
Inside, a vortex mixer has an electric motor which turns a pipe facing upwards. This pipe is attached to a small rubber bowl where one can put a beaker of liquid to be mixed up. The rubber bowl turns quickly and creates a vortex or a spiral flow inside any liquid which is placed on it and is therefore mixed up. Most vortex mixers have controls which let the user control how fast or slow they want the mixer to turn and can also set it to turn continuously for a certain length of time.
Where they are used
- IKA – A vortex mixer manufacturer
- VELP – A vortex mixer manufacturer Archived 2007-09-30 at the Wayback Machine
- In depth information on the VSM-3 Vortex Mixer
- Talboy – A vortex mixer manufacturer
- In-depth article on vortex mixers Archived 2007-07-04 at the Wayback Machine
- In-depth article on the structure of a vortex mixer