kidzsearch.com > wiki
Harrelson at the hempsters world premiere at Fantastic Fest, September 25, 2009
Woodrow Tracy Harrelson
July 23, 1961
Midland, Texas, United States
|Spouse(s)||Nancy Simon (1985–1986)|
Laura Louie (2008–present)
Diane Lou (née Oswald)
He would like the legalization of marijuana and hemp. He is also an environmental activist. Harrelson is a supporter of the 9/11 truth movement. He has supported reopening an investigation into the September 11 terrorist attacks.
In 1985, Harrelson married Nancy Simon, daughter of playwright Neil Simon, in Tijuana. The two meant to divorce the following day, but the storefront marriage/divorce parlor was closed when they had returned to it. The two remained married for ten months.
On December 28, 2008, Harrelson married Laura Louie, his girlfriend since 1987. The couple have three daughters, Deni Montana (born February 28, 1993), Zoe Giordano (born September 22, 1996), and Makani Ravello (born June 3, 2006). Laura is his former assistant. She is a co-founder of Yoganics, an organic food delivery service.
Harrelson was arrested in Columbus, Ohio in 1982 for disorderly conduct. He was found dancing in the middle of the street. He was also charged with resisting arrest after he ran from the police and assault after he hit one of the officers. Harrelson avoided jail time by paying a $390 fine.
On June 1, 1996, Harrelson was arrested in Lee County, Kentucky. He symbolically planted four hemp seeds. This was to challenge the state law which did not distinguish between industrial hemp and marijuana. Harrelson was acquitted of these charges in 2000.
In 2002, Harrelson was arrested in London after an incident in a taxi that ended in a police chase. Harrelson was taken to a London police station and later released on bail. The case was later dismissed after Harrelson paid the taxi driver involved in the incident £550 ($844).
In 2008, TMZ photographer Josh Levine filed a lawsuit against Harrelson. It was for an alleged attack outside a Hollywood nightclub in 2006. A video of the incident appeared to show Harrelson grabbing a camera and clashing with the photographer. Los Angeles prosecutors would not press charges against the actor. Levine filed a lawsuit asking for $2.5 million in damages. The case was dismissed in April 2010.
He has won multiple awards including:
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor - Comedy Series in Cheers
- MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss (shared with Demi Moore) in Indecent Proposal (1993)
- Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Male, National Board of Review Award for Best Supporting Actor and the San Diego Film Critics Society Award for Body of Work in The Messenger (2009)
- San Diego Film Critics Society Award for Body of Work in Zombieland (2009)
- San Diego Film Critics Society Award for Body of Work in 2012 (2009)
- Sipchen, Bob (December 20, 1998). The Life of Woody. http://articles.latimes.com/1998/dec/20/magazine/tm-55786/2. Retrieved September 28, 2012.
- Woody Harrelson's Father Dies in Prison. CBS News. March 21, 2007. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/21/entertainment/main2592684.shtml. Retrieved September 28, 2012.
- "Who Doesn't Love Woody Harrelson?". Esquire. http://www.esquire.com/features/woody-harrelson-profile-0212. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- "Woody Harrelson on the seeds of spirituality and a change in his diet". Premiere. http://www.eatveg.com/woody.htm. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- Bill Hutchinson,"First-Class Stars' Meat-Free Pitch," NYDailyNews.com November 28, 2011.
- Jessica Chastain and Woody Harrelson Named PETA's 2012 Sexiest Vegetarians - E! Online. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- "Archived copy". http://world911truth.org/new-actors-and-artists-for-911-truth/.
- "Woody Harrelson". hollywood.com. 2007. Archived from the original on January 25, 2013. https://archive.is/bFxPD. Retrieved September 9, 2007.
- "Crime/Punishment". About.com. http://crime.about.com/od/famousdiduno/ig/celebrity_mugshots/harrelsonwoody.htm.
- "http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/celebrity/hollywood/woody-harrelson". http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/celebrity/hollywood/woody-harrelson.
- Kentucky Supreme Court Opinions
- "Woody Harrelson arrested in London". BBC News. June 7, 2002. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2030786.stm.
- "Harrelson taxi case dropped". CNN. July 1, 2002. http://articles.cnn.com/2002-07-01/entertainment/police.harrelson_1_cab-driver-taxi-woody-harrelson?_s=PM:SHOWBIZ. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- Alan Duke, CNN (April 10, 2009). Woody Harrelson claims he mistook photographer for zombie. http://articles.cnn.com/2009-04-10/entertainment/woody.harrelson.zombie_1_woody-harrelson-camera-zombie?_s=PM:SHOWBIZ. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- "Paparazzo's Lawsuit Against Actor Woody Harrelson Dismissed". April 17, 2010. http://www.nbcchicago.com/entertainment/celebrity/Paparazzo_s_Lawsuit_Against_Actor_Woody_Harrelson_Dismissed-91066694.html.
- Woody Harrelson Emmy Nominated