kidzsearch.com > wiki
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||970s 980s 990s – 1000s – 1010s 1020s 1030s|
|Years:||997 998 999 – 1000 – 1001 1002 1003|
|Centuries:||9th century · 10th century · 11th century|
|Decades:||970s 980s 990s 1000s 1010s 1020s 1030s|
|Years:||997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003|
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Roman' not found.
1000 (M) in the Gregorian Calendar was the last year of the 10th century and the 1st millennium in the Christian era ending on December 31. According to the then used Julian Calendar, 1000 AD was a leap year starting on Monday. In the Gregorian Calendar (not invented at the time) the year would have been a common year starting on Wednesday.
- Leif Ericson becomes the first European to visit America
- Gunpowder is invented in China.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh, is started.
- July 5 – Robert I, Duke of Normandy, French nobleman; father to William the Conqueror (died 1035)
- King Stephen I of Hungary, Hungarian royal (died 1038)
- Pope Clement II (died 1045)
- Pope Damasus II (died 1047)
- Pope Sylvester IX (died 1049)
- Saint Herfast, French bishop; first Lord Chancellor of England (died 1085)