kidzsearch.com > wiki
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1030s 1040s 1050s – 1060s – 1070s 1080s 1090s|
|Years:||1060 1061 1062 – 1063 – 1064 1065 1066|
- Successful Pisan naval assault upon Muslim-ruled Palermo led by Giovanni Orlandi to support the ambitions of Roger of Hauteville.
- May 8 – The allied Muslim and Christian troops of the king of Castile and the emir of Zaragoza, maybe led by El Cid, defeat the Aragonese army at the battle of Graus. The king of Aragon, Ramiro I, is killed, his son succeeds him.
- The River Thames is frozen for 14 weeks.
- The Pizhi Pagoda of Lingyan Temple, Shandong, China is completed, standing at a height of 54 m (177 ft) tall.
- The construction of present building of St Mark's Basilica is begun.
- Anselm, later to become Archbishop of Canterbury, becomes prior at the Abbey of Bec.
- The Bishopric of Olomouc is founded.
- Yuanwu Keqin, Chinese Zen Buddhist monk (d. 1135)
- Eight Deer Jaguar Claw, Mixtec Lord and founder of the pre-Columbian city of Tututepec.
- March 21 – Blessed Richeza of Lotharingia, wife of King Mieszko II of Poland (990–1034)
- April 30 – Emperor Renzong of Song (b. 1010)
- August 5 – Gruffydd ap Llywelyn, King of Gwynedd
- September 4 – Toghrül, Turkish conqueror of Persia and Baghdad
- King Bela I of Hungary
- King Ramiro I of Aragon
- Benvenuti, Gino (1985). Le Repubbliche Marinare. Amalfi, Pisa, Genova e Venezia. Rome: Newton & Compton Editori. p. 13. .
- Fletcher, R. A. (1987). "Reconquest and Crusade in Spain c. 1050-1150". Transactions of the Royal Historical Society. 5 37: 31–47.