kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
12th G7 summit
The 12th G7 Summit was a meeting in 1986 for the leaders of Canada, the European Commission, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States.
The Tokyo summit of the Group of Seven (G7) was the 12th meeting in a series which began in 1976.
|Core G7 members|
Host nation and leader are indicated in bold text.
|Canada||Brian Mulroney||Prime Minister|
|West Germany||Helmut Kohl||Chancellor|
|Italy||Bettino Craxi||Prime Minister|
|Japan||Yasuhiro Nakasone||Prime Minister|
|United Kingdom||Margaret Thatcher||Prime Minister|
|United States||Ronald Reagan||President|
|European Commission||Jacques Delors ||President|
The G7 leaders agreed to work together to improve policy coordination. There was a decision to establish a meeting of finance ministers.
- Japan Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA): "Documents of Summit Meetings in the Past" (12th). Retrieved 2012-5-21. Archived 2009-04-30 at WebCite
- Japan Cabinet Office, State Guesthouse, Akasaka Palace. Retrieved 2012-5-21.
- G20/G8 France 2011, What is G8? ("Previous summits" section). Retrieved 2012-5-21.
- G20-G8 France 2011, What is G8? ("Language" section). Retrieved 2012-5-21.
- US Dept. of State, G8 Frequently Asked Questions ("How does the G8 work?" section). Retrieved 2012-5-21.
- Rieffel, Lex. "Regional Voices in Global Governance: Looking to 2010 (Part IV)," Brookings. March 27, 2009. Retrieved 2012-2-10.
- G8 Hokkaido Toyako summit "History of the Summit" (12th); Delegation of the European Union to Japan, "EU and the G8 & G20". Retrieved 2012-5-21.
11th G7 summit
|12th G7 summit
| Succeeded by|
13th G7 summit