kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||17th century – 18th century – 19th century|
|Decades:||1730s 1740s 1750s – 1760s – 1770s 1780s 1790s|
|Years:||1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769|
|Categories:|| Births – Deaths – Architecture|
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events and trends
- King George III takes the British throne in 1760. The Seven Years' War (1756–1763) comes to an end. France gives Canada to Britain, but criticism of the government still grows, led by the controversial figure of John Wilkes. Meanwhile, there is increasing unrest in Britain's American colonies. King George III died later in 1820.
- Science and technology – development of the steam engine continues.
- Emperor Qianlong (Ch'ien Lung) (China)
- King Frederick V (Denmark and Norway)
- King Christian VII (Denmark and Norway)
- King Louis XV (France)
- King Augustus III (Poland)
- King José I (Portugal)
- Czar Peter III (Russia)
- Czarina Catherine II (the Great) (Russia)
- King Carlos III (Spain)
- King Adolf Fredrik (Sweden)
- Sultan Mustafa III (Ottoman Empire)
- King George III (United Kingdom)
- Pierre de Marivaux, French writer