kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||17th century – 18th century – 19th century|
|Decades:||1730s 1740s 1750s – 1760s – 1770s 1780s 1790s|
|Years:||1760 1761 1762 – 1763 – 1764 1765 1766|
- February 10 – French and Indian War: The 1763 Treaty of Paris ends the war and France cedes Canada to Great Britain.
- 15 February – the Treaty of Hubertusburg puts an end to the Seven Years' War between Prussia and Austria and their allies
- March 1 – Charles Townshend becomes President of the Board of Trade in the British government
- May 7 – Chief Pontiac begins the "Conspiracy of Pontiac" by attacking British forces at Fort Detroit.
- June 2 – Pontiac's Rebellion: At what is now Mackinaw City, Michigan, Chippewas capture Fort Michilimackinac by diverting the garrison's attention with a game of lacrosse, then chasing a ball into the fort.
- June 28 – earthquake in Komarom, Hungary
- August 5 – Pontiac's War – Battle of Bushy Run – British forces led by Henry Bouquet defeat Chief Pontiac's Native Americans at Bushy Run in the Pennsylvania backcountry.
- The Treaty of Paris signed by Great Britain, France and Spain brings an end to the Seven Years' War (also called the French and Indian War in the United States)
- First publication of Bayes' theorem
- Proclamation of 1763
- for more information, see Category:1763 births.