kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||17th century – 18th century – 19th century|
|Decades:||1750s 1760s 1770s – 1780s – 1790s 1800s 1810s|
|Years:||1783 1784 1785 – 1786 – 1787 1788 1789|
- May 21 – Trial of the Necklace affair ends in Paris
- August 8 – Mont Blanc was climbed for the first time by Dr. Michael-Gabriel Paccard and Jacques Balmat.
- August 29– Shays Rebellion begins
- September 2 – Hurricane in England.
- November 7 – The oldest musical organization in the United States was founded as the Stoughton Musical Society.
- November 30 – Peter Leopold Joseph of Habsburg-Lorraine, Grand Duke of Tuscany, promulgates a penal reform making his country the first state to abolish the death penalty. November 30 is therefore commemorated by 300 cities around the world as Cities for Life Day.
- December 4 – The Mission Santa Barbara, was founded by Father Fermín Francisco de Lasuén, becoming the tenth mission in the California mission chain.
- Choctaw Treaty
- Chickasaw Treaty
- Robert Burns publishes Poems, Chiefly in the Scottish Dialect
- Francis Light acquires the island of Penang from the Sultan of Kedah on behalf of the British East India Company. It is the first British colony in South-East Asia.
- Anglo-Spanish treaty gives Belize to Britain
- First ship of convicts leaves Britain for Botany Bay, Australia – 820 out of 1138 aboard are convicts
- The trade with Iceland is opened to all Danish and Norwegian traders.
- The Mozart opera "The Marriage of Figaro" is premiered in Vienna
- Goethe undertakes his 'Italian Journey' throughout September-December (published in 1817)
- January 8 – Nicholas Biddle, President of the Second Bank of the United States (d. 1844)
- January 12 – Sir Robert Inglis, Bt, English politician (d. 1855)
- January 23 – Auguste de Montferrand, French architect (d. 1858)
- February 16 – Maria Pavlovna of Russia, Grand duchess of Saxe-Weimar Eisenach (d. 1859)
- February 24 – Martin W. Bates, U.S. Senator from Delaware (d. 1869)
- February 24 – Wilhelm Grimm, German philologist and folklorist (d. 1859)
- March 22 – Joachim Lelewel, Polish historian (d. 1861)
- June 13 – Winfield Scott, American general and Presidential candidate (d. 1866)
- August 17 – David "Davy" Crockett, American frontiersman (d. 1836)
- August 25 – King Ludwig I of Bavaria (d. 1868)
- September 10 – William Mason, American politician (d. 1860)
- September 11 – Friedrich Kuhlau, German composer (d. 1832)
- September 18 – King Christian VIII of Denmark (d. 1848)
- September 24 – Charles Bianconi, Italian-Irish entrepreneur
- December 12 – William L. Marcy, American statesman (d. 1857)
Deathsnv:1751 – 1800