kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||2nd century BC – 1st century BC – 1st century|
|Decades:||50s BC 40s BC 30s BC – 20s BC – 10s BC 0s BC 0s|
|Years:||30 BC 29 BC 28 BC – 27 BC – 26 BC 25 BC 24 BC|
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Roman' not found. Year 27 BC was either a common year starting on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday or a leap year starting on Monday of the Julian calendar.
- January 16 – The Roman Senate votes Octavian the title of Augustus. He accepts this honor, having declined the alternative title of Romulus. He is known as Augustus afterwards.
- Augustus becomes consul for the seventh time. His partner Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa becomes consul for the third time.
- Augustus, as consul, returns power to the Senate of Rome.
- Augustus starts a new military reform.
- Northern statue of the Colossi of Memnon is shattered by an earthquake in Egypt (according to Strabo).
- for more information, see Category:27 BC births.