kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||10s 20s 30s – 40s – 50s 60s 70s|
|Years:||38 39 40 – 41 – 42 43 44|
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Roman' not found. Year 41 (XLI) is a year in the 1st century. It was a common year starting on Sunday of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Augustus and Saturninus.
- January 24 – Roman Emperor Gaius Caesar (Caligula) is assassinated by his unhappy Praetorian Guards.
- January 25 Claudius is made Roman Emperor by the Senate.
- Claudius makes Agrippa king of Judea.
- Seneca the Younger is banished to Corsica on a charge of adultery with Julia Livilla
- Claudius restores religious freedom to the Jews throughout the empire.
- An attack across the Rhine by the Germans is stopped by the Romans.
- Emperor Guangwu of the Han Dynasty deposes his wife, Guo Shentong. He places his consort Yin Lihua empress in her place.