kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
international organisation founded in London in 1961. They fight for human rights. For example, they help people who have been put in prison for their political beliefs. Amnesty International also fights to end the use of the death penalty worldwide.
What they believe in
Amnesty International is based on these central ideas:
- Every person has human rights. Human rights cannot be taken away from a person. They are natural laws that are the right of all human beings from their birth on.
- Human rights cannot be divided. When one right is taken away, this is also bad for other rights. When one right is protected, other rights are in a better position as well.
- Human rights will not be protected by governments alone. Governments have said they will protect human rights, and then not acted upon it. Human rights organisations have to influence the governments.
- To protect human rights, people must help other people. Danger for human rights starts at the level of single persons. To help one person means to stop the danger from growing.One person alone can do this.
- To defend human rights, an organization must be independent and impartial. It should not be for or against any one ideology. An ideology is a certain point of view. It can be political, economic, or religious. Also, the organization should not say one country is the "worst". It should focus on the individual and all individuals.
- No matter what colour, race or gender you are, you are entitled to all human rights.
- However, even though we are entitled to Human Rights some are not getting them. For example, some live on the streets and so the right to a shelter is pretty much destroyed and probably even the right to food
- We make an exposition