kidzsearch.com > wiki
Brenda Song in 2009
|Birth name||Brenda Song|
|Born||March 27, 1988|
|Origin||Carmichael, California, U.S.|
|Labels||Walt Disney (2005–)|
|Associated acts||Walt Disney Records|
Zack and Cody
Brenda Song (born March 27, 1988) is an American actress. She is also a former child model. Song was first famous for her appearances on the Disney Channel. She was a regular part on The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. Her character was noted as one of the Disney Channel's longest continuous characters. In 2010, she moved into mainstream movies and TV. These included Changeland, Angry Angel, and Station 19.
Brenda Song was born in Carmichael, California to a Hmong American father and a Thai American mother. Song has two younger brothers, Timmy and Nathan. Brenda Song holds a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and was named an All-American Scholar in ninth grade.
One of Song's more notable acting roles is her portrayal of London Tipton in the Disney Channel Original Series The Suite Life of Zack and Cody (along with Ashley Tisdale and twins Cole and Dylan Sprouse). She later continued this role in the spin-off The Suite Life on Deck. She also played a recurring role as Tia in the Disney Channel Original Series Phil of the Future. Song had minor guest appearances on both That's So Raven and American Dragon: Jake Long.
She belongs to the Hmong tribe with their sacred and historical beliefs. She has received a black belt in one martial arts and had used her skills in the Disney Channel movie, Wendy Wu:Homecoming Warrior.
|1996||Santa with Muscles||Susan|
|1997||Leave It to Beaver||Susan Acustis|
|1999||The White Fox||Sandy||Short film|
|2002||Like Mike||Reg Stevens|
|2004||Costume Party Capers: The Incredibles||Alex||Voice|
|2006||Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior||Wendy Wu||Also co-producer|
|2006||Holidaze: The Christmas That Almost Didn't Happen||Treat||Voice|
|2008||College Road Trip||Nancy|
|2010||The Social Network||Christy Lee|
|2011||The Little Engine That Could||Shiny Passenger Train|
|2011||Pixie Hollow Games||Chloe||Voice|
|2012||First Kiss||Samantha||Short film|
|2017||Angry Angel||Allison Pyke|
|2019||Secret Obsession||Jennifer Williams|
|1994–95||Thunder Alley||Kathy||2 episodes|
|1995||Fudge||Jennie||Main role (Season 1)|
|1999||Once and Again||Chrissy||Episode: "There Be Dragons"|
|1999||MADtv||Trick-or-Treater||Episode: "Halloween Special Edition"|
|1999||Popular||Mandy Shepherd||Episode: "Fall on Your Knees"|
|2000–02||100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd||Sariffa Chung||Main role|
|2000||Double Dare 2000||Herself||Episode: "100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd vs The Amanda Show"|
|2000||7th Heaven||Cynthia||Episodes: "Love Stinks" parts 1 & 2|
|2000||The Brothers García||Jenny||Episode: "Love Me Tender"|
|2000||The Ultimate Christmas Present||Samantha Kwan||Television film|
|2001||The Nightmare Room||Tessa||Episode: "Dear Diary, I'm Dead"|
|2001||Bette||Stacey||Episode: "The Invisible Mom"|
|2001||ER||Lynda An||Episode: "Fear of Commitment"|
|2001||Judging Amy||Vanessa Pran||Episode: "Darkness for Light"|
|2002||The Bernie Mac Show||Shannon||Episode: "The King and I"|
|2002||George Lopez||Jennifer||Episode: "Token of Unappreciation"|
|2002||Get a Clue||Jennifer||Television film|
|2002||For the People||Ellie||Episode: "The Double Standard"|
|2003||That's So Raven||Amber||Episode: "A Dog by Any Other Name"|
|2003||One on One||Asanti||Episode: "Keeping It"|
|2004–05||Phil of the Future||Tia||Recurring role (Season 1)|
|2004||Stuck in the Suburbs||Natasha Kwon-Schwartz||Television film|
|2005–08||The Suite Life of Zack & Cody||London Tipton||Main role|
|2006||American Dragon: Jake Long||Tracey||Voice; Episode: "Bring It On"|
|2006–08||Disney Channel Games||Herself||Television special; 3 editions|
|2007||The Emperor's New School||Dancing Queen||Voice; "The Emperor's New Tuber/Room for Improvement" (Season 2, Episode 1)|
|2007–08||Pass the Plate||Herself (host)|
|2008||Macy's Presents Little Spirit: Christmas in New York||Paige||Television film|
|2008||Special Delivery||Alice Cantwell||Television film|
|2008–11||The Suite Life on Deck||London Tipton||Main role|
|2009||Phineas and Ferb||Wendy||Voice; Episode: "Unfair Science Fair"|
|2009||Wizards of Waverly Place||London Tipton||Episode: "Cast-Away (to Another Show)"|
|2011||The Suite Life Movie||Television film|
|2012||Key & Peele||Purple Falcon||Episode: "Power Falcons"|
|2012–13||Scandal||Alissa||Recurring role (Season 1–2)|
|2013||New Girl||Daisy||Recurring role (Season 2)|
|2014, 2018||Robot Chicken||Various Voices||Voice; Episodes: "The Hobbit: There and Bennigan's"; "What Can You Tell Me About Butt Rashes?"|
|2014||The League||Rosette||Episode: "The Hot Tub"|
|2015||Miles from Tomorrowland||Frida||Voice; Recurring role (Season 1)|
|2015||Life in Pieces||Bonnie||Episode: "Bite Flight Wing-Man Bonnie"|
|2016–17||Pure Genius||Angie Cheng||Main role|
|2017||Superstore||Kristen||Episodes: "Glenn's Kids"; "Cheyenne's Wedding"|
|2018||Station 19||JJ||Recurring role|
|2019-present||Amphibia||Anne Boonchuy||Voice, Main role, Disney Channel series|
|2007–11||London Tipton's Yay Me! Starring London Tipton||London Tipton||Web-show|
Awards and nominations
|2001||Young Artist Award||Best Performance in a TV Movie (Comedy), Supporting Young Actress||The Ultimate Christmas Present||Won|
|2003||Young Artist Award||Best Performance in a Television Comedy Series, Guest Starring Young Actress||The Bernie Mac Show||Nominated|
|2006||Asian Excellence Award||Newcomers Award||The Suite Life of Zack & Cody||Nominated|
|2011||Kids' Choice Awards||Funniest TV Sidekick||Nominated|
- Siedman, Robert (May 15, 2009). "Disney Channel orders more The Suite Life on Deck". Archived from the original on 2009-05-15. https://web.archive.org/web/20090515143707/http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/05/11/disney-channel-orders-more-the-suite-life-on-deck/18461.
- McNary, Dave (June 21, 2017). "Seth Green to Make Feature Film Directorial Debut With ‘Changeland’". Variety. Los Angeles, California: Penske Media Corporation. https://variety.com/2017/film/news/seth-green-directing-debut-changeland-1202474357/. Retrieved June 11, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (August 17, 2017). "Brenda Song, Jason Biggs to Star in Freeform’s ‘Angry Angel’ (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Los Angeles, California: Penske Media Corporation. https://variety.com/2017/tv/news/brenda-song-jason-biggs-freeform-angry-angel-1202530906/. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- Abrams, Natalie (March 9, 2018). "'Station 19' adds Brenda Song for multi-episode arc". Entertainment Weekly. Los Angeles, California: Eldridge Industries. http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/09/station-19-brenda-song/. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- Moua, Wameng (September 22, 2005). "Bonafide Star: Brenda Song". Hmong Today (St. Paul, Minnesota: Hmong Today LLC). Archived on 2006-05-04. Error: If you specify
|archivedate=, you must also specify
|archiveurl=. http://hmongtoday.com/displaynews.asp?ID=2030. Retrieved 2006-05-04.
- Steinberg, Jacques (June 15, 2006). "Brenda Song Turns Warrior in Disney's 'Wendy Wu'". The New York Times (New York City: New York Times Company). https://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/15/arts/television/15song.html. Retrieved 2008-12-11.
- "Girl Power". People (New York City: Meredith Corporation). May 20, 2009. http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20277213,00.html. Retrieved 2009-06-07.
- Albert Gutierrez (November 21, 2006). Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior: Kickin' Addition DVD Review. UltimateDisney.com. Accessed 2008-12-11.
- Russ Fischer (October 20, 2009). "Casting Notes: Selena Gomez in Teen Rom Com; The Social Network Gets New Kids; The Whistleblower Gets Proven Talent Archived 2012-06-30 at Archive.today". Accessed 2009-11-13.
- "Winners - Results from the 2012 OFF". omahafilmfestival.org/. http://omahafilmfestival.org/category/winners/.
- "Night Owls". USC Cinematic Arts. https://cinema.usc.edu/events/event.cfm?id=15087.
- Otterson, Joe (August 17, 2017). "Brenda Song, Jason Biggs to Star in Freeform’s ‘Angry Angel’ (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. https://variety.com/2017/tv/news/brenda-song-jason-biggs-freeform-angry-angel-1202530906/.
- Petski, Nellie Andreeva,Denise; Andreeva, Nellie; Petski, Denise (January 31, 2019). "‘Dollface’: Brenda Song & Lex Scott Davis Join Kat Dennings In Hulu Comedy Series". https://deadline.com/2019/01/dollface-brenda-song-lex-scott-davis-lead-kat-dennings-hulu-comedy-series-1202546010/.
- Schnurr, Samantha (April 12, 2021). "Macaulay Culkin and Brenda Song Quietly Welcome Their First Baby". E!. https://www.eonline.com/news/1257773/macaulay-culkin-and-brenda-song-quietly-welcome-their-first-baby.
- "Brenda Song". IMDB. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0814259/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm.
- Brian Lowry (November 15, 2011). 'Pixie Hollow' Sprinkles Fairie Dust on Disney Archived 2012-07-16 at Archive.today. Accessed 2011-12-12.
- "Dermot Mulroney Joins Jason Katims' CBS Medical Drama Pilot". TV Line. January 27, 2016. http://tvline.com/2016/02/24/dermot-mulroney-bunker-hill-cast-cbs-medical-drama/.
- "Brenda Song Crosses Her Fingers That Her Pilot 'Bunker Hill' Gets Picked Up". J-14 Magazine. January 27, 2016. http://www.j-14.com/posts/brenda-song-crosses-her-fingers-that-her-pilot-bunker-hill-gets-picked-up-97976.
- Bennett, Anita; Bennett, Anita (March 27, 2019). "Brenda Song Returns To Disney Channel In Animated Series ‘Amphibia’". https://deadline.com/2019/03/brenda-song-returns-disney-channel-animated-series-amphibia-1202583433/.
- Viacom International Inc. (February 10, 2011). "Expect The Unexpected As Jack Black Hosts Nickelodeon's 2011 Kid'’ Choice Awards Airing Live From Los Angeles On Saturday, April 2, At 8pm ET". Press release. http://nickkcapress.com/2011KCA/release/2011_host. Retrieved March 26, 2018.