kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|47th United States Secretary of the Interior|
January 22, 1993 – January 2, 2001
|Preceded by||Manuel Lujan|
|Succeeded by||Gale Norton|
|16th Governor of Arizona|
March 4, 1978 – January 6, 1987
|Preceded by||Wesley Bolin|
|Succeeded by||Evan Mecham|
|19th Attorney General of Arizona|
January 6, 1975 – March 4, 1978
|Preceded by||Warner Lee|
|Succeeded by||Jack LaSota|
Bruce Edward Babbitt
June 27, 1938
Flagstaff, Arizona, U.S.
|Education||University of Notre Dame (BS)|
Newcastle University (MS)
Harvard University (LLB)
Bruce Edward Babbitt (born June 27, 1938) is an American politician from the state of Arizona. A member of the Democratic Party, Babbitt served as the 16th governor of Arizona from 1978 to 1987, and as the United States Secretary of the Interior from 1993 through 2001.
He married Harriet Coons (known as Hattie) in 1968. She has worked as an attorney in Arizona and Washington, D.C., and served as United States Ambassador to the Organization of American States from 1993 to 1997, and as Deputy Administrator of the United States Agency for International Development from 1997 to 2001 during the Clinton Administration.
- "Candidate's Father Dies in Flagstaff". https://apnews.com/1e4d965e29a396a494060a114e70604b.
- Arizona Governor Bruce Edward Babbitt, National Governors Association.
- Harriet C. Babbitt-Jennings Strouss Attorneys at Law Archived January 13, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Friedman, Thomas L. "Latest Version of Supreme Court List: Babbitt in Lead, 2 Judges Close Behind." The New York Times 8 June 1993.
- Berke, Richard L. "2 Republicans Oppose Naming Babbitt to Court." The New York Times 9 June 1993.