kidzsearch.com > wiki
Salazar was a member of the United States Senate from Colorado from 2005 until being appointed as the United States Secretary of the Interior in 2008 by President Barack Obama. Salazar officially became secretary in 2009. He resigned as secretary in 2013. Salazar is a Democrat.
Before being elected to the U.S. Senate, Salazar was the Colorado Attorney General from 1999 until 2005.
- "SALAZAR, Kenneth Lee - Biographical Information". bioguide.congress.gov. 2011 [last update]. http://bioguide.congress.gov/scripts/biodisplay.pl?index=s001163. Retrieved February 21, 2011.
- "About Secretary Salazar". doi.gov. 2011 [last update]. http://www.doi.gov/whoweare/secretarysalazar.cfm. Retrieved February 21, 2011.
- "Report: Mexican officials say Salazar will be next US ambassador to Mexico". Politico. May 27, 2021. https://thehill.com/latino/555759-report-mexican-officials-say-salazar-will-be-next-us-ambassador-to-mexico. Retrieved May 30, 2021.
- "Reports: Ken Salazar is Biden's pick for US ambassador to Mexico". Colorado Politics. May 28, 2021. https://www.coloradopolitics.com/quick-hits/reports-ken-salazar-is-bidens-pick-for-us-ambassador-to-mexico/article_8abd0784-bfde-11eb-a654-a7b1fd33ecb2.html. Retrieved May 30, 2021.
- "Biden is said to be planning to nominate Burns and Garcetti for ambassadorships". The New York Times. May 26, 2021. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/26/us/politics/biden-ambassadors-burns-garcetti.html. Retrieved May 30, 2021.
- "Senate confirms Ken Salazar as U.S. ambassador to Mexico". Axios. https://www.axios.com/ken-salazar-confirmed-ambassador-mexico-6783d5af-dba6-4be9-b5ea-8baa4523693a.html. Retrieved August 11, 2021.