kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Canadian Recording Industry Association
The Canadian Recording Industry Association is a non-profit trade organization that was founded in 1964 to represent the interests of Canadian companies that create, manufacture and market sound recordings in Canada. The organization is based in Toronto.
CRIA is governed by a board of directors who are elected annually by CRIA members. To be eligible for election a candidate for the board must be among the chief executive officers of member companies of the organization. Graham Henderson (Universal Music Canada) is the current president of the CRIA.
The CRIA certifications for albums are:
- 40,000 units: Gold
- 80,000 units: Platinum
- 1,000,000 units: Diamond 
Note: Multi-Platinum refers to how many times the album has reached 100,000 units sold.
- Canadian Recording Industry Association Website
- London Free Press article on the decision
- Full text of the decision (PDF)
- CBC: CRIA wants tougher internet piracy law in Canada
- CRIA Falling Apart
- Graham Henderson. "About CRIA". CRIA. http://www.cria.ca/about.php. Retrieved 2007-11-19.
- CRIA. "Canadian Recording Industry Association (CRIA): Certification Definitions". CRIA. http://www.cria.ca/cert.php. Retrieved 2008-06-22.