kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Claudine Monteil (born 1949) is a French writer and women's rights specialist. She holds a PhD on Simone de Beauvoir's writings and life. She was inspired by the example of her mother, Dr Josiane Serre, a chemist and president of the Ecole Normale Supérieure de Jeunes Filles (ex-Sèvres), the equivalent of one of the Seven Sisters. Her father is the mathematician Jean-Pierre Serre, Fields medal and Abel prize.
Dr Monteil is one of the founders of the women's rights movement in 1970. She is also a specialist on Simone de Beauvoir. While working on women's rights, she was a long close friend of Beauvoir, Jean-Paul Sartre and Beauvoir's sister, the painter Hélène de Beauvoir.
Her writings on the Beauvoirs, Sartre and French feminism, have been translated into multiple languages:
- Simone de Beauvoir, côté femme, Timée-éditions (English: Simone de Beauvoir, her story as a woman) - translated into Chinese and Japanese
- Les Sœurs Beauvoir (English: The Beauvoir Sisters) - translated in English, Korean, Spanish, German and Chinese.
- Les Amants de la liberté, Sartre et Beauvoir dans le siècle (English: The Lovers of Freedom, Sartre and Beauvoir in the Century) - translated into Greek, Portuguese, Swedish, Japanese, Chinese, Romanian and Turkish.
- Simone de Beauvoir le mouvement des femmes, mémoires d'une jeune fille rebelle (English: Simone de Beauvoir the women's movement, memories of a rebellious girl) - translated into Japanese and Swedish.
- "Les Amants des Temps Modernes, Oona et Charles Chaplin" (English: Lovers of Modern Times: Oona and Charles Chaplin) - translated into Greek and Portuguese
- Claudine Monteil Official site in English and French