kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Coffea are shrubs or small trees, native to subtropical Africa and southern Asia. The seeds are called "beans" in the coffee trade. Beans from the two productive species are widely cultivated in tropical countries. Coffee is one of the world's major commodity crops and is the major export product of some countries.
The caffeine in coffee "beans" protects the seeds of the plant. It is a form of natural plant defense against herbivory. The fruits and leaves also contain caffeine, and can be used to make a tea called 'Coffee cherry tea'. The fruit is also used in many types of soft drink.
- Coffee & Conservation - Many resources on sustainable coffee, including reviews, especially shade coffee and biodiversity
- Just About Coffee — General information webpage about the coffee tree subject.
- Coffea arabica by James A. Duke — detailed information about this species.
- Briggs, Helen 2019. World's coffee under threat, say experts. BBC News.
- Burrell, Dori (23 April 2018). "SlimCafe Coffee Drinks". https://slimfast.com/product_cat/slimcafe-coffee-drinks/.
- "Coffeeberry, Coffee Fruit, Cascara, FutureCeuticals, whole - FutureCeuticals". http://www.futureceuticals.com/products/coffeeberry-cascara.
- "Starbucks". https://stories.starbucks.com/stories/2017/starbucks-cascara-latte/.
- "Brazilian Cascara". http://dwellerscoffee.com/products/cascara.