kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|Scots: Cowlrain or Cowlraine|
|Irish: Cúil Rathain|
Coleraine town hall
Coleraine shown within Northern Ireland
|Population||24,089 (2001 Census)|
|Irish grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Postcode district||BT51, BT52|
|EU Parliament||Northern Ireland|
|UK Parliament||East Londonderry|
|NI Assembly||East Londonderry|
Coleraine (from the Irish: Cúil Raithin meaning "Ferny corner") is a very large town in County Derry, Northern Ireland near to the mouth of the River Bann. It is 55 miles (88.5 km) northwest of Belfast and 30 miles (48.3 km) east of Derry City, both of which are linked by major roads and railway connections. George Best Belfast City Airport to the south–east, City of Derry Airport, 25 miles (40.2 km) to the west, and the main regional airport, Belfast International Airport, to the south are all relatively accessible from Coleraine.
- Famous people who have lived in Coleraine include the actor James Nesbitt, Andrew Bonar Law who was Prime minister of the United Kingdom for a short period in the 1920s, and also suspected serial killer John Bodkin Adams.
- North/South Ministerial Council – 2003 annual report in Ulster-Scots
- North/South Ministerial Council – 2001 annual report in Ulster-Scots
- Ulster-Scots guide to Beaghmore stone circles – Department of the Environment
- Yeirly Report 2007 Tourism Ireland.
- Cullen, Pamela V., "A Stranger in Blood: The Case Files on Dr John Bodkin Adams", London, Elliott & Thompson, 2006, ISBN 1-904027-19-9