kidzsearch.com > wiki
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
Irish: Contae an Dúin
Coontie Doon / Countie Doun
|• Total||945 sq mi (2,448 km2)|
|Contae an Dúin is the Irish name, Countie Doun and Coontie Doon are Ulster Scots spellings.|
The county forms an area of 2,448 km² (945 square miles). The estimated population in 1992 was 416,600, a more recent approximation puts it at about 516,000. The county town is Downpatrick, and the largest town is Bangor.
- Harris, Walter (attributed). 1744. The Ancient and Present Stare of the County of Down...'Dublin.
- The Memoirs of John M. Regan, a Catholic Officer in the RIC and RUC, 1909–48, Joost Augusteijn, editor, District Inspector, Co. Down 1930s, 1919, ISBN 978-1-84682-069-4.
- County Down website
- Armagh and Down Tourism
- Culture Northern Ireland - Industrial Heritage of County Down Archived 2007-03-10 at the Wayback Machine
- Down Gaelic Athletic Association/Cummann Lúthchleas Gael Coiste An Dún
- Genealogy indexes for County Down
- Ardglass Fishing port on East Down coast Archived 2018-05-11 at the Wayback Machine