kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Contae Loch Gorman
|• Type||County Council|
|• Total||2,367 km2 (914 sq mi)|
County Wexford (Irish: Contae Loch Gorman) is a county in Ireland. County Wexford is in the province of Leinster. It is named after the county town of Wexford. The population of County Wexford is 145,320 as of 2011.
- There are two radio stations in County Wexford, South East Radio and Beat FM.
- The county's main newspapers are Wexford People, New Ross Standard, Gorey Guardian and Enniscorthy Echo.
As of 2011 62.1% of people in County Wexford live in rural areas. The remaining 37.9% live in urban areas. 34.3% of the population were under the age of 25 and 12.6% were over the age of 65. 87.9% of County Wexford said in the census that their religion was Roman Catholic. Another 4.2% said they had no religion. Between 2006 and 2011, the population of County Wexford rose by 10% (13,524) people.
- Eoin Colfer is a famous author who wrote books such as Artemis Fowl.
- Kevin Doyle is a soccer player who plays for Wolverhampton Wanderers and the Republic of Ireland national football team.