kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
David McReynolds (October 25, 1929 – August 17, 2018) was an American democratic socialist and pacifist activist. He was born in Los Angeles, California. He ran for President of the United States twice in 1980 and in 2000.
McReynolds called himself as "a peace movement bureaucrat" during his 40-year career with Liberation magazine and the War Resisters League. His political career was set in New York City. He ran for the United States Senate in New York in 2004.
McReynolds died on August 17, 2018 from complications of a fall in New York City, aged 88.
- David McReynolds, "Thinking About Retirement", Nonviolent Activist, March–April 1999, p. 7.
- Martin Duberman, A Saving Remnant: The Radical Lives of Barbara Deming and David McReynolds, New York: The New Press (2011):221
- "Our Campaigns - Candidate - David McReynolds". http://www.ourcampaigns.com/CandidateDetail.html?CandidateID=7993. Retrieved October 4, 2017.
- "Why I support Bernie Sanders". Peoples World. July 7, 2015. http://www.peoplesworld.org/article/why-i-support-bernie-sanders/.
- "David McReynolds, longtime peace activist and agitator, dead at 88". New York Daily News. August 17, 2018. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-news-david-mcreynolds-dead-88-story.html.