kidzsearch.com > wiki
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
A disc or disk generally refers to a round flat object, although the usage varies between different variants of English. Common types of disc include:
- Flying disc or, more specifically, a Frisbee, a disk-shaped toy
- Intervertebral disc, between the bones in the spines of vertebrates
- Parking disc, or parking disc machine
- Tax disc, a vehicle licence
Audio and video recording media
- transcription disc (gramophone record or "phonograph record" in U.S. English)
- Optical disc, the most common of which are:
- Blu-ray Disc
- HD DVD
Magnetic recording media
- Hard disk, also known as a hard drive
- Floppy disk, or diskette
- RAM disk
- Also (perhaps erroneously) to refer to tape drives and flash memory cards for both music and computer data
- The DISC assessment (or personal profile system), a psychological test
- DISCs - Domestic International Sales Corporations in US law
- Death Inducing Signaling Complex
- DİSK, the Confederation of Revolutionary Trade Unions of Turkey
| This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.