kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
|Birth name||Reginald Kenneth Dwight|
25 March 1947|
Pinner, Middlesex, UK
|Genres||Rock, glam rock, progressive rock, soft rock|
|Occupation(s)||Composer, musician, singer|
Sir Elton Hercules John CBE (birth name Reginald Kenneth Dwight, born 25 March 1947 in Pinner, Middlesex, England) is a British rock musician. He started his music career immediately after leaving school. Elton John was the biggest music star in the 1970s.
John became famous in the early 1970s when he and songwriter Bernie Taupin wrote several songs which he performed and recorded. John became a huge star, not only for his musical abilities, but for his stage personality. He composed several musicals. He also composed the music for the animated movies The Lion King (1994) and The Road to El Dorado (2000). He is active in charity work. In 1997, in honor of Diana, Princess of Wales, John released a version of his hit Candle in the Wind. That became the world's biggest selling single of all time. It sold 37 million copies within two months.[source?]
In 2005, John entered a civil partnership with David Furnish. They had been together for 12 years. On 21 December 2014, John and Furnish married. Guests at their wedding included former English footballer David Beckham along with his wife Victoria Beckham and their younger sons and little daughter. Their oldest son, who is also John's godson, was not present.
- London Gazette: , 11 January 1972.
- "New year honours". BBC News (The British Broadcasting Corporation). 1997-12-31. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/special_report/for_christmas/_new_year/new_year_honours/43509.stm. Retrieved 08-07-2009. "KNIGHTS BACHELOR ...Elton Hercules John, CBE. Musician and Composer. For services to Music and for charitable services."
- "Elton John's biography on eltonjohn.com". http://www.eltonjohn.com/about/bio.jsp. Retrieved 08-07-2009.
- "A biography of Elton John". http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/singerUnid/E98916284BE40C2F48256876001FCECF. Retrieved 08-07-2009.
- Rolling Stone
- Briggs, Caroline (21 December 2005). "Sir Elton celebrates his big day". BBC. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4549626.stm. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- Barbara Miller (2014-12-21). "Sir Elton John marries partner David Furnish in ceremony at their home". Australian Broadcasting Corporation.