kidzsearch.com > wiki
Führer is the German word for leader. The word Führer is most often used to name Adolf Hitler. Hitler was the German chancellor during the time of the Third Reich. The dictator Adolf Hitler used the word Führer for his title Führer and Reichskanzler of the Third Reich.
Other people were (or are) also called Führer or its equivalent:
- Benito Mussolini (Duce)
- Joseph Stalin
- Francisco Franco
- Ion Antonescu and Nicolae Ceauşescu, former heads of state of Romania (Conducător).
- Fidel Castro, the former president of Cuba (Máximo Líder)
- Kim Il-sung, the founder of North Korea 위대한 수령 widaehan suryŏng „Big leader“
- Kim Jong-il, his son was called 친애하는 지도자 ch'inaehanŭn chidoja„Beloved leader“ when he took office, now called like his father
- Ante Pavelić called himself dictator of the independent state of Croatia (Poglavnik, this means head of state, or leader)
- Ferenc Szálasi was a dictator in Hungary; in 1944 and 1945, he was leader of the nation (Hungarian: Nemzetvezető).
- Nursultan Nasarbajew, the president of Kazakhstan since 1991, has the titlte leader of the nation (Ұлт Лидері/Ult Lideri) since 2010.
- Muammar al-Gaddafi, President of Lybia from 1969 to 1979, was revolutionary leader, until 2011.