kidzsearch.com > wiki
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|• Mayor||Anna Berry|
|• Total||12 sq mi (31.1 km2)|
|• Land||11.8 sq mi (30.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|Elevation||961 ft (293 m)|
|• Density||250.2/sq mi (96.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0159746|
Heflin was first settled in 1882 as a station on the railroad line from Atlanta. The town quickly grew and was incorported in 1886. Edwardsville was the county seat until 1905. In an election the county decided to move the county seat to Heflin.
- Radio stations
- WKNG-FM 89.1 FM (Southern gospel /worship music)
- WPIL 91.7 FM (Southern gospel/classic country/bluegrass)
- Cleburne News (weekly)
- Paul D. Adams - A Commanding General of the Third United States Army
- Tyrone Prothro - Former Wide receiver from the University of Alabama
- Hoskins Morton, Patricia. "Cleburne County". Encyclopedia of Alabama. http://www.encyclopediaofalabama.org/face/Article.jsp?id=h-1322. Retrieved 20 January 2010.