kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
Hizen Province (肥前国 Hizen no kuni ) was an old province of Japan in the area of Saga Prefecture and Nagasaki Prefecture on the island of Kyūshū. Along with Higo Province, it was sometimes called Hishū (肥州).
Shrines and Temples
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Hizen" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 338.
- The province did not include the regions of Tsushima and Iki which are now part of modern Nagasaki prefecture.
- Hildreth, Richard. (1907). Japan as it was and is, Vol. 2, p. 47.
- Nussbaum, "Provinces and prefectures" at p. 780.
- "Hachiman Shinkō," Encyclopedia of Shinto; retrieved 2011-2-2.
- "Nationwide List of Ichinomiya," p. 3; retrieved 2011-1-18.
- Murdoch's map of provinces, 1903
- National Archives of Japan: Hinozenshu sanbutsu zuko, scroll showing illustrated inventory of industries in Hizen, An'ei 2 (1773)