kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Israel Defense Forces
The Israel Defense Forces (shortened: IDF) (Hebrew: צבא ההגנה לישראל) Tzva HaHagana LeYisrael (info • help), "Army for the Defense of Israel", known in Israel by the Hebrew acronym צה"ל, (Tzahal), is the name of Israel's military forces. It includes the Israel Army, Israel Air Force and Israel Navy.
The IDF have many corps:
- Prime Minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- Defense Minister:
Avigdor Lieberman(resigned mid-November 2018; ministerial position held by P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu) 
- Chief of General Staff: Gadi Eizenkot
- Levinson, Chaim (14 November 2018). Israel's Defense Chief Resigns. https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-israel-s-political-arena-holds-breath-as-defense-chief-calls-surprise-presser-1.6653822. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- Official website (in English)
- BBC: Israel undercover
- Israeli Weapons
- Statistics about IDF ratio of thwarting suicide bombing attacks Archived 2004-03-31 at the Wayback Machine (link to DOC file)
- Defense-Update Online Magazine
- Haaretz report: "From 40 attacks per quarter to 5 attacks per quarter" :English - Hebrew - Graph 1: Thwarted attacks (yellow) vs successful attacks (red) - Graph 2: Suicide bombing within the "green line" per quarter .
- War Online - military analysis and military history of the Middle East, especially IDF (Russian, English)
- The Israeli Military and Israel's Palestinian Policy: From Oslo to the Al Aqsa Intifada U.S. Institute of Peace, December 2002
- Israel Military Forum