kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
|Area (rank)||1,861.70 km² (47th)|
|- % water||2.8%|
|Population (December 1, 2010)|
|- Population||995,465 (40th)|
|- Density||534.71 /km²|
|- Flower||Olive (Olea europaea)|
|- Tree||Olive (Olea europaea)|
|- Bird||Oriental cuckoo (Cuculus poliocephalus)|
| [[Image:|130px|Symbol of Kagawa Prefecture]]|
Symbol of Kagawa Prefecture
|Template ■ Discussion|
Kagawa is in the northwest part of Shikoku. The prefecture borders Ehime Prefecture in the southwest. Tokushima Prefecture is in the south. Kagawa has a coastline with many small islands on the Seto Inland Sea across from Okayama Prefecture.
The prefecture built 17 dams between 1947 and 1974.
Towns and villages in each district:
National Parks are established in about 11% of the total land area of the prefecture.
Shrines and Temples
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2002). "Kagawa prefecture" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 446; Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO), Kagawa Prefecture, Regional Information; retrieved 2012-4-6.
- Nussbaum, "Takamatsu" at p. 934.
- Nussbaum, "Provinces and prefectures" at p. 780.
- Berga, L. (2006). Dams and Reservoirs, Societies and Environment in the 21st Century, Vol. 1, p. 41.
- Japan Ministry of the Environment, "General overview of area figures for Natural Parks by prefecture"; retrieved 2012-3-13.
- "Nationwide List of Ichinomiya," p. 3; retrieved 2012-2-9.