kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
|Governor||Tokihiro Nakamura (since December 2010)|
|Area (rank)||5,676.44 km² (26th)|
|- % water||%|
|Population (November 1, 2010)|
|- Population||1,430,086 (27th)|
|- Density||251.93 /km²|
|- Flower||Satsuma mandarin (Citrus unshiu)|
|- Tree||Pine (Pinus)|
|- Bird||Japanese robin (Erithacus akahige)|
|- Fish||Red sea bream (Pagrus major)|
Symbol of Ehime Prefecture
|Template ■ Discussion|
Ehime faces the Seto Inland Sea in the southwestern part of Shikoku. The prefecture is bordered by Kagawa Prefecture and Tokushima Prefecture in the east. Kōchi is to the south. The prefecture has a long coastline and it includes many islands.
The Yanase Dam was built in 1953.
National Parks are established in about 7% of the total land area of the prefecture.
Shrines and Temples
- Provinces of Japan
- Prefectures of Japan
- List of regions of Japan
- List of islands of Japan
- Ehime F.C.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2002). "Ehime" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 170; Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO), Ehime Prefecture, Regional Information; retrieved 2012-4-6.
- Nussbaum, "Matsuyama" at p. 621.
- Nussbaum, "Provinces and prefectures" at p. 780.
- Berga, L. (2006). Dams and Reservoirs, Societies and Environment in the 21st Century, Vol. 1, p. 41.
- Japan Ministry of the Environment, "General overview of area figures for Natural Parks by prefecture"; retrieved 2012-3-13.
- "Nationwide List of Ichinomiya," p. 3; retrieved 2012-2-9.