kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Kevin Michael Cosgrove
January 6, 1955
|Died||September 11, 2001 (aged 46)|
|Cause of death||Fall of the South Tower|
|Resting place||St. Patrick Catholic Cemetery|
|Occupation||Vice President of the Aon Corporation|
Kevin Michael Cosgrove (January 6, 1955 – September 11, 2001) was an American businessman who died in the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center. He is best known for the 9-1-1 call that he made on September 11, 2001, which ended in him crying out from inside of the South Tower of the World Trade Center as it fell. He was born in Long Island, New York.
September 11 attacks
Cosgrove was in the 105th floor of the South Tower when the attacks happened. He had two other people with him. One of these people, Doug Cherry, is mentioned by name in Cosgrove's 9-1-1 call. Cosgrove says, "My wife thinks I'm all right, I called and said I was leaving the building and that I was fine, and then bang!". Then, a 9-1-1 operator says, "Hello?". Cosgrove answered, "Hello. We're looking in ... we're overlooking the Financial Center. Three of us. Two broken windows. Oh God. Oh-" Cosgrove's words ended as the South Tower fell.
- "Jury hears 9/11 victim's scream". BBC News. 11 April 2006. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4898926.stm.
- David Stout and Neil A. Lewis (April 11, 2006). "Moussaoui Testimony Focuses on Tales of Loss". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/11/us/11cnd-moussaoui.html.
- "Grim 9/11 evidence shown to Moussaoui jurors". Associated Press/MSNBC. April 11, 2006.
- Kiehl, Stephen (September 10, 2006). "'I think we're getting hijacked'". The Baltimore Sun.
- "Kevin Cosgrove - Remembering Sept. 11, 2001 - Ten Years Later". Long Island Newsday.