kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Moisturizers are not always needed or used. They are most useful for persons with dry skin.
Moisturizers are designed to either impart or restore hydration in the stratum corneum, which is an interactive, dynamic structure, and maintenance of hydration can impact its barrier function.
How they act
Ways that a moisturizer affects the body include:
- Occlusives work by forming a thin film on the surface of the skin to prevent loss of moisture.
- Humectants attract water vapor from the air to moisturize the skin.
- Some add deficient materials. These aim to restore natural moisturizing factors on the skin.
- Publishing, Harvard Health (in en-US). Moisturizers: Do they work? - Harvard Health. https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/moisturizers-do-they-work. Retrieved 2017-11-10.
- Wan, Derrick C.; Wong, Victor W.; Longaker, Michael T.; Yang, George P.; Wei, Fu-Chan (2014-6). "Moisturizing Different Racial Skin Types". The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology 7 (6): 25–32. . . . https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4086530/.