kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|монгол хэл ᠮᠣᠩᠭᠣᠯ ᠬᠡᠯᠡ|
|Region||All of state Mongolia and Inner Mongolia, parts of Liaoning, Jilin, Heilongjiang, Xinjiang and Gansu provinces in China|
|Native speakers||5.2 million (2005)|
|Writing system||Mongolian alphabets: |
Traditional Mongolian script
Mongolian Cyrillic alphabet (in Mongolia),
|Official language in||Mongolia|
State Language Council,
Council for Language and Literature Work
|ISO 639-3||mon – inclusive code|
khk – Khalkha Mongolian
mvf – Peripheral Mongolian (part)
|Linguasphere||part of 44-BAA-b|
Geographic distribution of Mongolic peoples across Asia (red)
The Mongolian language ( , Mongɣol kele, Cyrillic: Монгол хэл, Mongol khel) is the best-known member of the Mongolic language family and the language of most of the residents of Mongolia, where it is officially written with the Cyrillic alphabet and of around three million Mongolian speakers in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region of China, where it is officially written with the traditional Mongolian script. It is also spoken in some areas in the Russian Far East and Kyrgyzstan. The majority of speakers in Mongolia speak the Khalkha (or Halh) dialect, while those in China speak one of many Inner Mongolian dialects.
- "China". http://www.ethnologue.com/country/CN/status.
- "Törijn alban josny helnij tuhaj huul'". MongolianLaws.com. 2003-05-15. Archived from the original on 2009-08-22. https://web.archive.org/web/20090822084246/http://www.edulaws.pmis.gov.mn/edulaws/web/index.php?modules=law&viewid=2&law_id=189. Retrieved 2009-03-27. The decisions of the council have to be ratified by the government.
- "Mongγul kele bičig-ün aǰil-un ǰöblel". See Sečenbaγatur et al. 2005: 204.
- Janhunen, Juha (ed.) (2003): The Mongolic languages. London: Routledge.
|This language has its own Wikipedia project. See the Mongolian language edition.|
- Ethnologue report for Khalkha Mongolian
- Lingua Mongolia Information on classical Mongolian, including an online dictionary
- Omniglot - Mongolian Alphabets
- Mongolian bilingual dictionaries