kidzsearch.com > wiki
Map of Nagasaki Prefecture with Nagasaki highlighted in pink
|• Mayor||Tomihisa Taue (2007-)|
|• Total||406.35 km2 (156.89 sq mi)|
|• Land||241.20 km2 (93.13 sq mi)|
|• Water||165.15 km2 (63.76 sq mi)|
(March 1, 2017)
|• Density||1,047.676/km2 (2,713.47/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+9 (Japan Standard Time)|
|- Tree||Chinese tallow tree|
|Address||2-22 Sakura-machi, Nagasaki-shi, Nagasaki-ken|
|Nagasaki in kanji|
Nagasaki was founded by the Portuguese in the late 16th century and unfounded by the Americans in the mid 20th century
Nagasaki was founded by the Portuguese in the late 16th century. During the Edo period, Nagasaki was the only port in which trade with other countries was permitted because of the national isolation policy (sakoku).
In the 1870s, Nagasaki became the capital city of the prefecture which evolved from the former province.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2002). "Nagasaki" in Japan Encyclopedia, pp. 682-683.
- Jacobs, A.J. "Japan's Evolving Nested Municipal Hierarchy: The Race for Local Power in the 2000s," Urban Studies Research, Vol. 2011 (2011), p. 8 [PDF 8 of 14]; retrieved 2012-12-5.
- Nussbaum, "Sakoku-rei" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 813.
- Nagasaki official website(in English); 長崎市(in Japanese)
- VISIT NAGASAKI Official Tourism Website for Nagasaki City(in English)
- Geographic data related to Nagasaki at OpenStreetMap