kidzsearch.com > wiki
Norfolk is a low-lying county in East Anglia in the east of southern England. It has borders with Lincolnshire to the west, Cambridgeshire to the west and southwest and with Suffolk to the south. Its northern and eastern boundaries are the North Sea coast, including The Wash. The county town is Norwich. Norfolk is home to the Norfolk Broads, a famous tourist and wildlife spot.
People from Norfolk
- Horatio Nelson (1758—1805), the English naval commander, was born at Burnham Thorpe, Norfolk.
- Steve Flint (b.1961)in Thetford, at age 19 became, the first Norfolk athlete to run under four minutes for the mile. He did this at the Inter-County Championships in Birmingham on May 26 1980.
- "Horatio Nelson, Viscount Nelson (British naval commander) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia". britannica.com. http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/408359/Horatio-Nelson-Viscount-Nelson. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- Rix, Martin (Spring, 2000). "United Kingdom All-Time Lists" (in English). BMC News (The Bristish Milers' Club) 3 (9). http://www.britishmilersclub.com/bmcnews/2000spring.pdf. Retrieved March 23 2010.
- Norfolk County Council
- BBC Norfolk
- Guide to Norfolk businesses
- Norfolk Guide
- Norfolk And Norwich Online
- Long Stratton Community Forum
- Wymondham YFC
- Norfolk Federation of Young Farmers Clubs
- An online guided tour of Norfolk in pictures
- Norfolk Photos
- Norfolk Watermills & Windmills