kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
|Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door|
|Release||July 22, 2004 NA|
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (or, as it is nicknamed, Paper Mario 2) is a Nintendo GameCube role-playing game released in 2004. It won the IGN.com award for best RPG game of the year. It uses the setting of Nintendo's Mario games.
Princess Peach finds a map in an old town filled with crime. Mario sets off to the town of Rogueport, where he finds the Crystal Stars (powerful star shaped stones; when all seven are collected the Thousand Year Door opens). There is a door deep in the sewers of Rogueport (the Thousand-Year Door) which will open if all crystal stars are collected. It is said that a demonic spirit rests behind the door. The X-Nauts (a group of robot-like people that are trying to collect the crystal stars in order to awaken a demon to destroy the world) try to steal all crystal stars in order to awaken the evil demon and wipe out the planet so that they can become dictators of the world.
- The last boss of the game is the Shadow Queen who possesses (takes over) Princess Peach.
- Three shadows (The Shadow Sirens) are somehow related to the demon.
The game had good reviews.
- Kasavin, Greg (November 12, 2004). "Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door". GameSpot. https://web.archive.org/web/20071027141817/http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/rpg/papermario2/review.html. Retrieved October 25, 2014.
- Schneider, Peer (October 11, 2014). "Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year Door". IGN. http://uk.ign.com/articles/2004/10/12/paper-mario-2-the-thousand-year-door?page=3. Retrieved October 25, 2014.
- "Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door". Metacritic. http://www.metacritic.com/game/gamecube/paper-mario-the-thousand-year-door. Retrieved October 25, 2014.