kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
|38th United States Secretary of Commerce|
Assumed office |
June 26, 2013
|Preceded by||Cameron Kerry (Acting)|
May 2, 1959|
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
Penny Sue Pritzker (born May 2, 1959) is an American business executive, entrepreneur, civic leader, and philanthropist. She currently serves as the United States Secretary of Commerce serving since June 2013.
She is the founder, chairman and CEO of PSP Capital Partners and Pritzker Realty Group. She's also co-founder and chairman of Artemis Real Estate Partners. She is a member of the Pritzker family.
In 2012, Chicago magazine named her one of the 100 most powerful Chicagoans. In 2011 the Forbes 400 list of America's wealthiest showed her as the 263rd richest person in the U.S., estimated net worth of US $1.7 billion, and the world's 651st richest person. In 2009 Forbes named Pritzker as one of the 100 most powerful women in the world.
- "PSP Capital Partners". http://www.pspcapital.com/penny-pritzker.html. Retrieved Oct. 10, 2012.
- "Artemis Real Estate". http://Artemisrep.com.
- Bailey, Berstein, Burke, Colburn, et al (March, 2012). "100 Most Powerful Chicagoans". Chicago Magazine. http://www.Chicagomag.com/Chicago-magazine/march-2012/100-most-powerful-Chicagoans.
- "The 400 Richest Americans: #263 Penny Pritzker". Forbes. September, 2011. http://www.forbes.com/profile/penny-pritzker/. Retrieved 2011-10-23. "Net worth: $1.7 billion"
- Sweet, Lynn (2013-05-02) "Obama nominates Chicago exec Penny Pritzker as commerce secretary", Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2013-05-02.
- Shattered Dynasty, Vanity Fair (magazine)
- Money Maven
- Penny Pritzker at NNDB
- 2002 article on Superior Bank failure, In These Times
- The Forbes 400 – #135 Penny Pritzker 2007 profile
- The Harvard Crimson – Penny Pritzker Madeline W. Lissner, June 5, 2006
- SEC filings
- Personal website