kidzsearch.com > wiki
Pope Alexander IV
|Papacy began||12 December 1254|
|Papacy ended||25 May 1261|
|Predecessor||Pope Innocent IV|
|Successor||Pope Urban IV|
|Birth name||Rinaldo Conti di Segni|
|Died||May 25, 1261|
|Other Popes named Alexander|
Pope Alexander IV (Latin: Alexander QuartusScript error: No such module "Category handler".; c. 1185 – 25 May 1261), born Rinaldo Conti di Segni, was an Italian cleric of the Roman Catholic Church. He was the 182nd Pope from 1254 until his death.
Cardinal Conti was elected pope on December 12, 1254. He chose to be called Alexander IV.
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-11-18.
- "Pope Alexander IV", Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-11-18.
- Chisholm, Hugh (1910). The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information. Encyclopaedia Britannica. pp. 552-553. https://books.google.com/?id=_mUYAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA552.
- Penny Cyclopaedia of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. C. Knight. 1833. p. 304. https://books.google.com/?id=swsDAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA304.
- "Pope Alexander IV". Catholic Encyclopedia. (1913). New York: Robert Appleton Company.
- Catholic Hierarchy, Popes in sequence
- GCatholic, Pope Alexander IV
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Cardinal Conti di Segni
| Succeeded by|