kidzsearch.com > wiki
Pope Innocent III
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Pope Innocent III|
|Bishop of Rome|
|Papacy began||8 January 1198|
|Papacy ended||16 July 1216|
|Ordination||21 February 1198|
|Consecration||22 February 1198|
|Created Cardinal||September 1190|
|Birth name||Lotario de' Conti di Segni|
|Born||1160 or 1161|
Gavignano, Papal States
|Died||16 July 1216 (aged 55–56)|
Perugia, Papal States
|Other Popes named Innocent|
Cardinal Segni was unanimously elected pope on January 8, 1198; and he took the name of Innocent III.
Pope Innocent was involved in Italian and European political disputes.
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-11-02.
- "Agnani", Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-11-6.
- "Pope Innocent III", Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-10-31.
- The Penny Cyclopædia of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. C. Knight. 1838. pp. 479-480. https://books.google.com/?id=ryby2RTDEQAC&pg=PA479.
- Chisholm, Hugh (1910). The Encyclopedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information. Encyclopedia Britannica Company. pp. 578-579. https://books.google.com/?id=IjeU7x0kXhMC&pg=PA578.
- Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge (1840). The Penny Cyclopaedia of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge: Organ - Pertinax. Knight. p. 198. https://books.google.com/?id=HQ9CAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA201.
- Pope Innocent III", Crusades Encyclopedia (2005); retrieved 2011-11-6.
- "Pope Innocent III". Catholic Encyclopedia. (1913). New York: Robert Appleton Company.
- Catholic Hierarchy, Pope in sequence
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Cardinal Segni
Pope Celestine III
| Succeeded by|
Pope Honorius III