kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Pope Innocent XI
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Papacy began||21 September 1676|
|Papacy ended||12 August 1689|
|Predecessor||Pope Clement X|
|Successor||Pope Alexander VIII|
|Birth name||Benedetto Odescalchi|
|Born||May 16, 1611|
|Died||August 12, 1689 (aged 78)|
|Other Popes named Innocent|
Cardinal Odescalchi was elected pope on 21 September 1676; and he chose to be called Innocent XI.
After his death
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-12-1.
- "Blessed Pope Innocent XI", Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-12-1.
- Chisholm, Hugh (1910). The Encyclopedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information. Encyclopedia Britannica Company. p. 582. https://books.google.com/?id=IjeU7x0kXhMC&pg=PA5829.
- The Penny Cyclopædia of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. C. Knight. 1838. p. 481. https://books.google.com/?id=ryby2RTDEQAC&pg=PA481.
- Smithies, Michael and Luigi Bressan. (2001). Siam and the Vatican in the Seventeenth Century, p. 98.
- "Blessed Pope Innocent XI," Catholic News Agency ; retrieved 2011-12-2.
- "Pope Innocent XI". Catholic Encyclopedia. (1913). New York: Robert Appleton Company.
- Catholic Hierarchy, Pope Innocent XI
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Cardinal Odescalchi
- Video footage showing the beatification of Pope Innocent XI
| Succeeded by|