kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Budapest is the capital city of Hungary. It was made as such in 1873. In that year three towns on the River Danube, namely Buda, Óbuda (Old Buda) and Pest were united. The city has a population of about 1.7 million people. Its highest place is János Hill (527 m.).
The main sights in Budapest are the Castle Hill (Várhegy), the Parliament House (Országház) and St. Stephen's Basilica. Budapest is also known for the ruins of Aquincum, the capital city of the Roman Province of Pannonia. The city has a great atmosphere with nice cafes, spas and the traditional Hungarian hospitality.
- Ferenc Molnár (1878-1952), dramatist
- György Lukács (1885-1971), philosopher
- Arthur Koestler (1905-1983), author
- Zsa Zsa Gabor (born 1917), actress
- Sandor Elès (1936-2002), actor
- Budapest tourism info Portal
- History of Budapest
- Budapest map
- WorldFlicks in Budapest: Photos and interesting places on Google Maps