kidzsearch.com > wiki
Pope Innocent XIII
|Papacy began||8 May 1721|
|Papacy ended||7 March 1724|
|Predecessor||Pope Clement XI|
|Successor||Pope Benedict XIII|
|Birth name||Michelangelo dei Conti|
|Born||13 May 1655|
|Died||7 March 1724 (aged 68)|
|Other Popes named Innocent|
Pope Innocent XIII (Latin: Innocentius Tertius DecimusLua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Category handler/data' not found.; 13 May 1655 – 7 March 1724), born Michelangelo Conti, was an Italian cleric of the Roman Catholic Church and the 245th Pope from 1721 until his death.
Cardinal Conti was elected pope on May 8, 1721; and he chose to be called Innocent XIII.
Pope Innocent was involved in Italian and European political disputes.
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-12-3.
- "Pope Innocent XIII", Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-12-3.
- Chisholm, Hugh (1910). The Encyclopedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information. Encyclopedia Britannica Company. p. 583. https://books.google.com/?id=IjeU7x0kXhMC&pg=PA5839.
- "Pope Innocent XIII". Catholic Encyclopedia. (1913). New York: Robert Appleton Company.
- Catholic Hierarchy, Pope Innocent XIII
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Cardinal Conti
| Succeeded by|