kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Emery warming up with the Chicago Blackhawks in 2012
|Born|| September 28, 1982 |
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
|Died|| July 15, 2018 (aged 35) |
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||196 lb (89 kg; 14 st 0 lb)|
|Played for|| Ottawa Senators|
Atlant Moscow Oblast
|NHL Draft|| 99th overall, 2001|
Raymond "Ray" Emery (September 28, 1982 – July 15, 2018) was a Canadian professional ice hockey player. He played for the Philadelphia Flyers of the National Hockey League (NHL) until his death. Emery played for the Ottawa Senators, Anaheim Ducks and Chicago Blackhawks of the National Hockey League (NHL). He also played in KHL with the Atlant Moscow Oblast. Emery was awarded many honors, most from the minor league.
Emery was given various nicknames over his career, most goes by "Razor" and "Sugar Ray." In the 2001 NHL entry draft, Emery was chosen 99th overall by the Ottawa Senators. Emery was made starting goaltender in the 2006-07 NHL season. That year, the Senators made it to the Stanley Cup finals. On June 20, 2008, after some off-ice incidents, the Senators released Emery. Under one month later, Emery signed a one year, $2M contract with Atlant Mytishchi of the Russian KHL. After his time in Russia, it was announced on June 10, 2009 that the Philadelphia Flyers had signed him to a one-year deal for $1.5 million. In March of 2010, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren announced that Emery would miss the remainder of the season because of avascular necrosis and that a bone graft would be done to alleviate his hip issues. Emery began workout and rehabilitation process and later signed a one year, two-way contract with the Anaheim Ducks on February 7, 2011. During his time with the Ducks, he tied for fourth in the league after he posted a 7–2–0 record with a 2.28 goals-against average (GAA) and a .926 save percentage (SV%) in 10 regular season games going into the playoffs. He attended the Chicago Blackhawks training camp on a tryout basis and was later signed by the Blackhawks to a 1-year, $600,000 deal.
Emery has been known for getting into several altercations while playing ice hockey, a rarity for an ice-hockey goaltender. Emery once fought two Buffalo Sabres players, Martin Biron and Andrew Peters in a line brawl during the 2006-07 NHL season. He also fought with his teammate, Brian McGrattan, during a practice in January 2008. He has also fought with teammate's Jason Spezza and Chris Neil.
|1999–00||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||16||9||3||0||716||36||1||3.02||.908|
|2000–01||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||52||18||29||2||2938||174||1||3.55||.904|
|2001–02||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||59||33||17||9||3477||158||4||2.73||.914|
|2008–09||Atlant Moscow Oblast||KHL||36||22||8||0||2070||73||0||1.86||.926|
|1999–00||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||15||8||7||883||33||3||2.24||.926|
|2001–02||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||6||2||4||360||19||1||3.16||.925|
|2008–09||Atlant Moscow Oblast||KHL||7||3||3||419||13||0||1.86||.941|
Statistics via Eliteprospects
- "Sens, Kings take steps to buy out Emery, Cloutier". TSN. 2008-06-20. http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241222&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main. Retrieved 2008-06-20.
- Cole, Stephen (2006). The Canadian Hockey Atlas. Doubleday Canada. .
- Ken Warren (2007-06-10). "Razor likely to go under the knife for wrist injury; Ottawa Senators starting goalie Ray Emery admits to playing hurt for most of the season". Ottawa Citizen. http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/hockey/senatorsstory.html?id=68facf83-a9bf-4174-b0f1–5a35fe48aaaa&k=68131. Retrieved 2007-06-26.
- Don Brennan (2007-02-24). "Emery gets an earful; Sugar Ray's mom none too pleased about fisticuffs in Buffalo". Ottawa Sun. http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2007/02/24/3662176-sun.html. Retrieved 2007-06-26.
- "Emery signs one-year deal with Russian team". TSN.ca. 2008-07-09. https://www.tsn.ca/story/?id=242925. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "Flyers sign goalie Ray Emery to one-year deal". Sports Illustrated. 2009-06-10. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/hockey/nhl/06/10/flyers.emery/index.html. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- "Emery Out for the Season". Philadelphia Flyers. 2010-03-02. http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=519655. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- "Emery Named Finalist for Masterton Trophy". Anaheim Ducks. 2011-04-26. http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=561039&navid=DL. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- "Blackhawks agree to terms with Emery, assign Salak". Chicago Blackhawks. 2011-10-03. http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=590925&navid=DL. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- Alex Yannis (1989-10-24). "5 Ejected for Fighting As Devils Stop Leafs". New York Times. https://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950DE7D81630F937A15753C1A96F948260. Retrieved 2008-02-10.
- "Blackhawks' late goals stun Bruins to win Cup". NHL. http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2012030416. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- "Emery returning to Flyers". NHL. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=676661. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- Former Senators goalie Ray Emery drowns
- "Ray Emery". Eliteprospects. https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/9146/ray-emery. Retrieved July 15, 2018.