kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Reiki (霊亀) was a Japanese era name (年号, nengō, , lit. "year name") after Wadō and before Yōrō. This period started in September 715 and ended in November 717. The reigning empress was Genshō-tennō (元正天皇).
Events of the Reiki era
- 715 (Reiki 1): In the 7th year of Gemmei's reign, the empress abdicated; and her daughter received the succession (senso). Soon after, Empress Genshō's new role as empress is confirmed with ceremonies (sokui).
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Reiki" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 785.
- Nussbaum, "Genshō Tennō," p. 240; Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du Japon, pp. 65-67; Brown, Delmer et al. (1979). Gukanshō, pp. 271-272; Varley, H. Paul. (1980). Jinnō Shōtōki. pp. 140-141.
- Brown, p. 271.
- Titsingh, p. 65; Varley, H. Paul. (1980). Jinnō Shōtōki, p. 44; a distinct act of senso is unrecognized prior to Emperor Tenji; and all sovereigns except Jitō, Yōzei, Go-Toba, and Fushimi have senso and sokui in the same year until the reign of Emperor Go-Murakami. Compare Imperial Household Agency (Kunaichō), Ceremony of Accession (Sokui-no-Rei); retrieved 2012-5-22.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō: