kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Richard M. Sherman
Richard M. Sherman
Sherman in 2014
Richard Morton Sherman
June 12, 1928
|Other names||Dick Sherman|
Dick M. Sherman
Dick Morton Sherman
|Education||Beverly Hills High School|
|Alma mater||Bard College|
|Occupation||Composer, lyricist, screenwriter, publisher, music director|
|Genres||Musical film, musical theatre, animation|
Richard Morton Sherman (born June 12, 1928) is an American songwriter. He worked in musical movies with his brother Robert B. Sherman. Some of the Sherman Brothers' best known songs were in live action and animated musical films including: Mary Poppins, The Jungle Book, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, "Bedknobs and Broomsticks",The Slipper and the Rose, and Charlotte's Web. Their most well known work iss the theme park song "It's a Small World (After All)".
Sherman was born in New York City to Russian Jewish immigrants, Rosa (Dancis) and Al Sherman. In 1953 Sherman was drafted into United States Army ans assigned to the Army Band and glee club. He was musical conductor for both groups from 1953 until his honorable discharge in 1955. He studied at Bard College.
- "Person Details for Richard Morton Sherman, "California, County Marriages, 1850-1952" — FamilySearch.org". https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K8XN-HX1.
- "Sherman Brothers Working on New Musical Merry-Go-Round". Playbill.com. 2005-08-29. Archived from the original on 2009-02-09. https://web.archive.org/web/20090209070505/http://www.playbill.com/news/article/94790.html. Retrieved 2014-07-04.
- Audio interview with Richard M. Sherman on the Sodajerker On Songwriting podcast
- Walt's Time
- Sherman Music
- Audio Interview with Richard M. Sherman on the WDW Radio Show by Lou Mongello
- Richard M. Sherman at the Internet Broadway Database
- Richard M. Sherman on IMDb
- Richard M. Sherman at SoundUnwound
- Richard Sherman Interview - NAMM Oral History Library (2016)