kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Ronald William Prest Drever (October 1931 – 7 March 2017) was a Scottish experimental physicist. He was a Professor Emeritus at the California Institute of Technology. He co-founded the LIGO project, and was a co-inventor of the Pound–Drever–Hall technique for laser stabilization. This work was important in the first detection of gravitational waves in September 2015.
- Knapton, Sarah (12 February 2016). "British scientist who played key role in gravitational waves research is suffering from dementia". The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group Limited. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/12153127/British-scientist-who-played-key-role-in-gravitational-waves-research-is-suffering-from-dementia.html. Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- Twilley, Nicola. Gravitational Waves Exist: The Inside Story of How Scientists Finally Found Them. . http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/gravitational-waves-exist-heres-how-scientists-finally-found-them. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- Abbott, B.P. (2016). "Observation of Gravitational Waves from a Binary Black Hole Merger". Phys. Rev. Lett. 116: 061102. . . http://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.116.061102.
- Naeye, Robert (11 February 2016). "Gravitational Wave Detection Heralds New Era of Science". Sky and Telescope. http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-news/gravitational-wave-detection-heralds-new-era-of-science-0211201644/. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- Castelvecchi, Davide; Witze, Alexandra (11 February 2016). "Einstein's gravitational waves found at last". Nature News. . http://www.nature.com/news/einstein-s-gravitational-waves-found-at-last-1.19361. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- Cho, Adrian (2016). "Will Nobel Prize overlook master builder of gravitational wave detectors?". Science. . .
- Gravitational waves pioneer Ronald Drever dies